Educational aims of this juceAim
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in Radiography and Radiological Protection, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
The objectives of the Radiography and Radiological Protection module are to provide the learner with the core of knowledge and the understanding necessary to use X-ray equipment and process radiographs competently and safely in the dental practice, in line with the theoretical knowledge requirements of the IRR and IR(ME)R acts and current professional recommendations.
This knowledge and understanding will allow the learner to gain the most benefit from hands-on radiographical training in their place of work.
Anticipated learning outcomes
The learner will:
• have an understanding of the physical principles involved in x-ray generation
• have an understanding of the biological effects and dangers of x-ray radiation
• know the relevant rules and regulations that apply to radiography in dental practice
• understand the importance of Justification, Optimisation, and Quality Control Programmes in ensuring radiation safety.
• meet the IR(ME)R theoretical knowledge requirements
• through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC principles and the underlying standards:
â€¢ Principle 2: Communicate effectively with patients
â€¢ Principle 3: Obtain valid consent
â€¢ Principle 4: Maintain and protect patientsâ€™ information
â€¢ Principle 6: Work with colleagues in a way that is in patientsâ€™ best interests
â€¢ Principle 7: Maintain, develop and work within your professional knowledge and skills
â€¢ Principle 8: Raise concerns if patients are at risk
This page contains verifiable CE / CPD
How much does dentaljuce membership cost?
12 months subscription to the whole site costs just £79 GBP
International payment in your own currency with PayPal
100+ hours of verifiable CPD / CE. No extra payments.
Pay by card or cheque
- Really good, very user friendly and practical. (JW)
- It has to be the best value CPD around, and probably the most useful. Many
- Very impressed - keep being interrupted by patients turning up! (PW)
- I couldn't manage now without Dentaljuce. (AH - BDS Student)
- Well good, detail excellent, very clear to use (JM)
- Very good material. Brilliant for CPD. (PC)
- Excellent step by step guides and photos (SR)
- Taking ORE soon - this site is soooooo useful (AK)
- Excellent layout, great photos (PM)
- I cannot believe how brilliant this site is. I have passed Part 1 of the
MJDF exam, and it will help so much for my Part 2. The animations, videos and
content in general is just brilliant. Thank you. (DI)
- This is the Catherine Deneuve of online dentisty. (MF)
- I have to say dentaljuce gets better each time I look. (PP)
- This website is so great, I have been telling so many people. Fantastic.
- Thought provoking, and good reminder of what we should know. (FC)
- Concise and reflective
- Excellent content clearly explained
- Wow. I actually understand occlusion now, thank you so much. I saw those BDJ
articles years ago when newly qualified and I didn't understand any of it. It is
all so much more understandable now, thank you. (TD)
- Brilliant videos, thank you. (WS)