Educational aims of this juce
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding in regards to Professional Standards, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
• To present an overview of the requirements of the GDC's Standards Guidance document.
Anticipated learning outcomes
The learner will:
• gain knowledge and awareness of the document ‘UK GDC Standards for Dental Professionals’
• understand how its guidelines should influence all areas of his or her professional life.
• through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC principles and the underlying standards:
• Principle 1: Put patients’ interests first
• Principle 2: Communicate effectively with patients
• Principle 3: Obtain valid consent
• Principle 4: Maintain and protect patients’ information
• Principle 5: Have a clear and effective complaints procedure
• Principle 6: Work with colleagues in a way that is in patients’ best interests
• Principle 7: Maintain, develop and work within your professional knowledge and skills
• Principle 8: Raise concerns if patients are at risk
• Principle 9: Make sure your personal behaviour maintains patients’ confidence in you and the dental profession
This page contains verifiable CE / CPD