Dynamic Access Cavity Preparation
|Designing the access cavity to allow straight line access (SLA) is a dynamic process. The shape of the access cavity is changed during flaring of the canal, to allow the flare to penetrate deeper.
The dynamic process involves
Create initial access cavity
Adjust access cavity
... and so on
Access cavity modification - Upper Right 3rd Molar
This animation shows 3 ways of deeply penetrating a canal, then combines the techniques to achieve deep penetration with maximum conservation of tooth tissues. An upper incisor is used in this example, but the principles apply to all canals.
Educational aims of this juce
This page aims to show how to dynamically modify an access cavity during canal penetration.
An animation shows in detail how this can be achieved.
This page contains verifiable CE / CPD
How much does dentaljuce membership cost?
12 months subscription to the whole site costs just £79 GBP
International payment in your own currency with PayPal
100+ hours of verifiable CPD / CE. No extra payments.
Pay by card or cheque
- Really good, very user friendly and practical. (JW)
- It has to be the best value CPD around, and probably the most useful. Many
- Very impressed - keep being interrupted by patients turning up! (PW)
- I couldn't manage now without Dentaljuce. (AH - BDS Student)
- Well good, detail excellent, very clear to use (JM)
- Very good material. Brilliant for CPD. (PC)
- Excellent step by step guides and photos (SR)
- Taking ORE soon - this site is soooooo useful (AK)
- Excellent layout, great photos (PM)
- I cannot believe how brilliant this site is. I have passed Part 1 of the
MJDF exam, and it will help so much for my Part 2. The animations, videos and
content in general is just brilliant. Thank you. (DI)
- This is the Catherine Deneuve of online dentisty. (MF)
- I have to say dentaljuce gets better each time I look. (PP)
- This website is so great, I have been telling so many people. Fantastic.
- Thought provoking, and good reminder of what we should know. (FC)
- Concise and reflective
- Excellent content clearly explained
- Wow. I actually understand occlusion now, thank you so much. I saw those BDJ
articles years ago when newly qualified and I didn't understand any of it. It is
all so much more understandable now, thank you. (TD)
- Brilliant videos, thank you. (WS)