The Operator for the Teeth: Charles Allen 1685
The first English Dentistry Text-book.
|when I have asserted such and such things to be improvable to such a degree, it is to be understood for the most part and in general, not denying that it may happen otherwise in some particular cases: but I shall always deal candidly with everybody; never undertaking but what I can do according to agreement. And if any one will be pleased to come to my chamber, he may have my advice (concerning any thing that belongs to my profession) gratis at any time.
Advertisement to the Readers.
Although I have offered nothing in this paper, but what is according to my own experience, and the best of my knowledge: yet I will not say but that I have been deficient in may things, and have committed a great many errors in the management of my subject; but if you consider that I am the first (as far as I know) that ever wrote anything of this nature; and withal, what is to be expected from one in my circumstances: I hope you will be more ready to excuse my faults: however, if what I have done is acceptable to you, I intend in a second impression of this (indded) small treatise to correct, illustrate, and augment it, to its full proportion. In the manwhile I would advise you, to make use of what is here presented you, by your very humble servant,
The price is Six-pence
Click to magnify
How much does dentaljuce membership cost?
12 months subscription to the whole site costs just £79 GBP
International payment in your own currency with PayPal
100+ hours of verifiable CPD / CE. No extra payments.
Pay by card or cheque
- Really good, very user friendly and practical. (JW)
- It has to be the best value CPD around, and probably the most useful. Many
- Very impressed - keep being interrupted by patients turning up! (PW)
- I couldn't manage now without Dentaljuce. (AH - BDS Student)
- Well good, detail excellent, very clear to use (JM)
- Very good material. Brilliant for CPD. (PC)
- Excellent step by step guides and photos (SR)
- Taking ORE soon - this site is soooooo useful (AK)
- Excellent layout, great photos (PM)
- I cannot believe how brilliant this site is. I have passed Part 1 of the
MJDF exam, and it will help so much for my Part 2. The animations, videos and
content in general is just brilliant. Thank you. (DI)
- This is the Catherine Deneuve of online dentisty. (MF)
- I have to say dentaljuce gets better each time I look. (PP)
- This website is so great, I have been telling so many people. Fantastic.
- Thought provoking, and good reminder of what we should know. (FC)
- Concise and reflective
- Excellent content clearly explained
- Wow. I actually understand occlusion now, thank you so much. I saw those BDJ
articles years ago when newly qualified and I didn't understand any of it. It is
all so much more understandable now, thank you. (TD)
- Brilliant videos, thank you. (WS)