Dental Radiography and Radiation Protection
Welcome to the juce on radiography and radiological protection. This section of dentaljuce is Core Verifiable CPD, a mandatory topic for UK dentists nurses therapists and hygienists.
It's a big subject - try not to spend more than ten or fifteen minutes at a time !
Click here to begin, or select a topic below.
Aim and Objectives Click here
||Radiation Physics and Radiation Biology
This juce covers how x-rays are produced and measured, and the various ways they can cause damage to living tissues.
IRMER and IRR - The UK Rules and Regulations that apply to dental radiology are presented and discussed.
One of the key principles of radiation safety, this juce looks at how it applies to various radiographic views in different dental disciplines.
This is all about the equipment used for taking, processing, and displaying radiographs, and how to ensure it is set up to give the lowest dose for a diagnostically useful radiograph.
A Quality Assurance Programme is a key requirement to ensure that good quality radiographic images are produced reliably and safely. QA programmes have to be individualised for each dental practice. We discuss the essentials.
A number of questions and answers on some of the details in Dental Radiography not covered in earlier pages.
How much does dentaljuce membership cost?
12 months subscription to the whole site costs just £79 GBP
International payment in your own currency with PayPal
100+ hours of verifiable CPD / CE. No extra payments.
Pay by card or cheque
- Really good, very user friendly and practical. (JW)
- It has to be the best value CPD around, and probably the most useful. Many
- Very impressed - keep being interrupted by patients turning up! (PW)
- I couldn't manage now without Dentaljuce. (AH - BDS Student)
- Well good, detail excellent, very clear to use (JM)
- Very good material. Brilliant for CPD. (PC)
- Excellent step by step guides and photos (SR)
- Taking ORE soon - this site is soooooo useful (AK)
- Excellent layout, great photos (PM)
- I cannot believe how brilliant this site is. I have passed Part 1 of the
MJDF exam, and it will help so much for my Part 2. The animations, videos and
content in general is just brilliant. Thank you. (DI)
- This is the Catherine Deneuve of online dentisty. (MF)
- I have to say dentaljuce gets better each time I look. (PP)
- This website is so great, I have been telling so many people. Fantastic.
- Thought provoking, and good reminder of what we should know. (FC)
- Concise and reflective
- Excellent content clearly explained
- Wow. I actually understand occlusion now, thank you so much. I saw those BDJ
articles years ago when newly qualified and I didn't understand any of it. It is
all so much more understandable now, thank you. (TD)
- Brilliant videos, thank you. (WS)