Biological Sciences. The axial skeleton.
Welcome to this Biological Sciences module. In this module, you will learn about the bones of the axial skeleton, with a special emphasis on the skull.
The Biological Sciences - The Integumentary System online learning module has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|Improve my knowledge of the biological sciences that underpin dental healthcare.||Take the Dentaljuce Biological Sciences - The Axial Skeleton module.||
|What development needs have I?||Improve my knowledge of the biological sciences that underpin dental healthcare.|
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Biological Sciences - The Axial Skeleton module.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes Click here
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to enhance their basic knowledge of the biological sciences.
• to teach the structure and function of the axial skeleton, including the skull.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
The learner will be able to:
- Describe the functions of the skeletal system and define its two major subdivisions
- Identify the bones and bony structures of the skull, the cranial suture lines, the cranial fossae, and the openings in the skull
- Discuss the vertebral column and regional variations in its bony components and curvatures
- Describe the components of the thoracic cage
- Discuss the embryonic development of the axial skeleton
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC principles and the underlying standards:
• P7: Maintain, develop and work within your professional knowledge and skills
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcomes:
• DO C. (Clinical domain) Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice