Biological Sciences. Bone Tissue and the Skeletal System
Welcome to this Biological Sciences module. In this module, you will learn about bone structure, formation and repair, and how the skeletal system interacts with other body systems.
The Biological Sciences - Bone Tissue and the Skeletal System online learning module has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|Improve my knowledge of the biological sciences that underpin dental healthcare.||Take the Dentaljuce Biological Sciences - Bone Tissue and the Skeletal System module.||
|What development needs have I?||Improve my knowledge of the biological sciences that underpin dental healthcare.|
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Biological Sciences - Bone Tissue and the Skeletal System module.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes Click here
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to enhance their basic knowledge of the biological sciences.
• to teach about Bone Tissue and the Skeletal System
Anticipated learning outcomes:
The learner will be able to:
- List and describe the functions of the skeletal system
- Describe the classes of bones
- Describe the microscopic and gross anatomical structures of bones
- Discuss the process of bone formation and development
- Explain how bone repairs itself after a fracture
- Discuss the effect of exercise, nutrition, and hormones on bone tissue
- Describe how an imbalance of calcium can affect bone tissue
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC principles and the underlying standards:
• P7: Maintain, develop and work within your professional knowledge and skills
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcomes:
• DO C. (Clinical domain) Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice