Biological Sciences. The Integumentary System
Welcome to this Biological Sciences module. In this module, you will learn about the integumentary system - the skin, nails. hair, and sweat/sebaceous gland that make up the protective outer layer of the body.
The Biological Sciences - The Integumentary System online learning module has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|Improve my knowledge of the biological sciences that underpin dental healthcare.||Take the Dentaljuce Biological Sciences - The Integumentary System module.||
|What development needs have I?||Improve my knowledge of the biological sciences that underpin dental healthcare.|
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Biological Sciences - The Integumentary System module.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes Click here
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to enhance their basic knowledge of the biological sciences.
• to teach the structure and function of the integumentary system.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
The learner will be able to:
- Describe the integumentary system and the role it plays in homeostasis
- Describe the layers of the skin and the functions of each layer
- Describe the accessory structures of the skin and the functions of each
- Describe the functions of the integumentary system
- Describe the changes that occur in the integumentary system during the aging process
- Discuss several common diseases, disorders, and injuries that affect the integumentary system
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC principles and the underlying standards:
• P7: Maintain, develop and work within your professional knowledge and skills
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcomes:
• DO C. (Clinical domain) Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice