Biological Sciences. The Tissue Level of Organization
Welcome to this Biological Sciences module. In this module, you will learn about the tissues groups that make up the human body, and how the tissues respond and repair themselves when damaged.
The Biological Sciences - The Tissue Level of Organization online learning module has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|Improve my knowledge of the biological sciences that underpin dental healthcare.||Take the Dentaljuce Biological Sciences - The Tissue Level of Organization module.||
|What development needs have I?||Improve my knowledge of the biological sciences that underpin dental healthcare.|
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Biological Sciences - The Tissue Level of Organization module.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes Click here
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to enhance their basic knowledge of the biological sciences.
• to teach the Tissue Level of Organization of human biological systems
Anticipated learning outcomes:
The learner will be able to:
- Identify the main tissue types and discuss their roles in the human body.
- Describe the structural characteristics of the various epithelial tissues and how these characteristics enable their functions.
- Describe the structural characteristics of the various connective tissues and how these characteristics enable their functions.
- Describe the characteristics of muscle tissue and how these dictate muscle function.
- Describe the characteristics of nervous tissue and how these enable the unique functions of nervous tissue.
- Describe the process of tissue response to injury.
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC principles and the underlying standards:
• P7: Maintain, develop and work within your professional knowledge and skills
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcomes:
• DO C. (Clinical domain) Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice