Are you a dental professional looking to improve your knowledge and understanding of cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) and its potential applications in dentistry? If so, this course is the perfect opportunity for you..
CBCT is a specialised imaging technique that produces high-resolution 3D images of the mouth and surrounding structures. This technology offers a number of potential benefits in dental practice, including the ability to diagnose and treat complex dental conditions, to plan and execute technically demanding procedures more accurately, and to improve patient outcomes.
Our course on CBCT is designed to provide dentists and DCPs with radiological training with a comprehensive understanding of this important technology and its potential applications in dental practice.
The course covers a range of topics, including the principles of CBCT, the potential benefits and limitations of this technology, and strategies for incorporating CBCT into dental practice. The time spent counts towards Level 1 CBCT training.
By participating in this course, you will gain valuable knowledge and skills that you can apply in your practice. Don't miss this opportunity – sign up now for immediate access!
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this course is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge and understanding of Cone Beam Computed Tomography, in line with their identified personal development requirements.
- to teach the basic CBCT knowledge needed as a foundation for the further training required to become a CBCT Practitioner or Operator, compliant with current professional recommendations.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will, with respect to the components that he or she has elected to study as listed below:
- know the principles of CBCT.
- know the indications / referral criteria for CBCT imaging.
- understand the radiological justification for CBCT views.
- recognise the more common imaging artifacts.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C, D.