Management of common acute dental problems
Navigate the complexities of acute dental problem management with our course, based on the 2013 Scottish Dental Clinical Effectiveness Programme guidance.
Acute issues such as dental pain, trauma, or infections demand prompt and effective responses. While SDCEP's guidance serves as a valuable reference, it's very important for dental professionals to not only understand but also effectively apply these recommendations in practice.
This becomes particularly important in scenarios where patient complaints may arise, as adherence to recognised guidelines is often scrutinised.
As you progress, engage with a variety of quizzes designed to self-test and reinforce your understanding of how to manage common acute dental problems.
These interactive elements ensure an engaging learning experience, enhancing your ability to apply this guidance confidently and competently in real-world scenarios.
Whether you're dealing with emergency cases or providing routine care, this course equips you with the knowledge and skills to make informed decisions, ensuring high standards of patient care and adherence to professional guidelines.
If you're not yet a member of Dentaljuce, we highly recommend you to join and gain access to this comprehensive course.
This course, along with over 100 other CPD courses, is available for a single membership payment.
To provide dental professionals with the knowledge and skills to effectively manage common acute dental problems in a timely and appropriate manner.
- To inform the learner of the guidelines developed by the SDCEP, and endorsed by the CGDent.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will, with respect to the components that he or she has elected to study as listed below:
- Identify and diagnose common acute dental problems.
- Develop and implement appropriate treatment plans for common acute dental problems, including referral when necessary.
- Demonstrate knowledge of pharmacological agents commonly used in the management of acute dental problems.
- Apply evidence-based best practices in the management of common acute dental problems.
- Through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C.