Management of common acute dental problems
In 2013, SDCEP published their guidance on managing acute dental problems. Although it is only "guidance", when things go wrong and the possibility of a patient complaint arises, it is important to understand the guidance, and check whether you have followed it.
This course takes you through the guidance with lots of quizzes on the way to self-test your knowledge.
The Management of common acute dental problems online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my knowledge and skills in the management of common acute dental problems
(GDC outcomes: C)
|Take the Dentaljuce Acute Dental Problems course||
|What development needs have I?||To improve my knowledge and skills in the management of common acute dental problems
(GDC outcome C)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Acute Dental Problems course|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is To provide dental professionals with the knowledge and skills to effectively manage common acute dental problems in a timely and appropriate manner.
- To inform the learner of the guidelines developed by the SDCEP, and endorsed by the CGDent.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- Identify and diagnose common acute dental problems.
- Develop and implement appropriate treatment plans for common acute dental problems, including referral when necessary.
- Demonstrate knowledge of pharmacological agents commonly used in the management of acute dental problems.
- Apply evidence-based best practices in the management of common acute dental problems.
- Tthrough achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C.