It is a truism that patients must consent to treatment.
However, consent is a complicated process, and this Consent module will take you through it, highlighting the legal and ethical basis for consent to examination and treatment.
Do you want to buy this course alone? Check out www.verifiedlearning.com/consent
Member Feedback on Consent
- Brilliant, excellent, knowledgeable, and most importantly, relevant.
- Very helpful, improved my knowledge on the subject
- Very informative module and very though provoking! Thank you
- In depth and covered all topics
- Superb information - thank you
The Consent online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my knowledge of consent issues
(GDC outcomes: A B D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Consent course.||
|What development needs have I?||To improve my knowledge of consent issues
(GDC outcome A B D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Consent course.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge and understanding in Consent as it applies to healthcare, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- To present a comprehensive overview of the ethical and legal significance of consent.
- To show how the Mental Capacity Act applies in practice.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- be able to identify what is required for valid consent.
- understand and know how to apply the Mental Capacity Act.
- understand the ethical basis of consent.
- recognise when consent may not be valid.
- understand the relationship between consent and negligence.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): A B D.