Cross Infection Control
Using an interactive question and answer format, this module introduces Cross Infection Control, an important subject for all members of the team to know about both for their own safety and that of their patients.
Patients deserve to be treated in a safe environment. This includes reducing the risk of acquiring an infection from a visit to a dental practice to an acceptable level.
Additionally, staff working in a dental practice also have a right to be safe from infection acquired at work. A Dental Practice must ensure that its policies and procedures respect their right, as part of its moral, ethical, and legal responsibilities.
Member Feedback on Cross Infection Control
- Very useful information which refreshed theoretical knowledge during training, and which was clearly presented.
- Fab course. Thankyou.
- Very clear and engaging.
- Really enjoyed the module - useful and easy to interpret
- Very informative, didn't realise how out of touch I was.
The Cross Infection Control online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my Infection Control
(GDC outcomes: A B C D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Infection Control module.||
|What development needs have I?||To improve my Infection Control
(GDC outcome A B C D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Infection Control module.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in Infection Control, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to update members of the dental team with current best practice in infection control.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- recognise the importance of infection control.
- understand the basic science that underpins infection control.
- understand through demonstration and explanation how it is applied in the dental surgery clinical environment.
- become aware of the importance and implications of infection control as it relates to patients, visitors, staff, and the general public.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): A B C D.