Explore dementia-friendly dentistry practices in this comprehensive course, designed to equip dental professionals with the knowledge and skills to provide effective, patient-centered care for individuals with dementia and their caregivers.
The Dementia-friendly dentistry online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my knowledge and skills in periodontology
(GDC outcomes: C)
|Take the Dentaljuce Periodontology course||
|What development needs have I?||To improve my knowledge and skills in periodontology
(GDC outcome C)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Periodontology course|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
To equip dental professionals with the knowledge, skills, and strategies to provide high-quality, comprehensive, and patient-centered dental care for individuals with dementia, ensuring improved oral health outcomes and overall quality of life.
- To enhance dental professionals' understanding of dementia, its impact on oral health, and the importance of adapting dental care, environment, and communication to meet the unique needs of patients with dementia.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- be able to recognize the signs and symptoms of dementia and understand its implications for oral health care.
- learn effective communication strategies to build trust and rapport with patients with dementia and their caregivers, promoting patient-centered care.
- gain the skills to adapt the dental environment, creating a comfortable and safe space for patients with dementia to reduce anxiety and promote a positive dental experience.
- develop the ability to create individualized care plans and implement preventive measures, tailored treatment options, and management strategies for dental anxiety and behavioral challenges in patients with dementia.
- understand the importance of collaborative care, working closely with caregivers and interdisciplinary healthcare teams, and be knowledgeable about ethical considerations and legal issues related to providing dental care for patients with dementia.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C.