Making your own lab work used to be part of every dentistry curriculum, but in recent years this has taken a back seat, and many dentists do not feel well informed about laboratory procedures.
This Dentaljuce module takes you through the lab stages for a variety of indirect restorations.
The Laboratory Techniques online learning module has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my understanding of how labs make indirect restorations||Take the Dentaljuce Laboratory Techniques module.||• Understand the processes involved in creating indirect restorations.
• Appreciate how the quality of my own dental preparations and impressions can help the dental technician.
|What development needs have I?||To improve my understanding of how labs make indirect restorations|
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Laboratory Techniques module.|
|Target completion date|
|Outcomes||• With detailed step-by-step guides, practice operative techniques for individual direct and indirect restorations.
• Appreciate and apply the minimal intervention philosophy regarding the management of the carious, worn, or traumatised dentition.
Module Aims and Outcomes Click here
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in the field of laboratory-produce indirect restorations and prostheses, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
• to show the learner laboratory fabrication techniques.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
The learner will:
• understand the processes involved in creating indirect restorations.
• appreciate how the quality of their own dental preparations and impressions can help the dental technician.
• through achieving these outcomes provide an improved level of service to their patients.
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC principles and the underlying standards:
• Principle 7: Maintain, develop and work within your professional knowledge and skills
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcomes:
• DO C. (Clinical domain) Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice
This content is only available to members
How much does dentaljuce membership cost?
12 months subscription to the whole site costs just £79.00 GBP
International payment in your own currency with PayPal
200+ hours of verifiable CPD / CE. No extra payments.