Welcome to the Dentaljuce module on Local Anaesthesia. Individual techniques are presented on the pages in this section, including ID blocks, Infiltrations, Gow-Gates, Akinosi, Intraligamental and more.
Videos and slide shows help you practice the old, and learn new techniques,
Member Feedback on Local Anaesthesia
- The use of videos was really useful in demonstrating the different LA techniques.
- The local anaesthesia module is outstanding. I found the notes feature very useful and I really enjoyed it.
- Really good demonstrations on LA techniques.
- I loved this module as I felt it was very clear, to the point with lovely video to demonstrate the techniques.
- Fundamental topic, discussed in an easy and clear way without useless over-complications.
The Local Anaesthesia online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my local anaesthetic skills
(GDC outcomes: C D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Local Anaesthesia course.||
|What development needs have I?||To improve my local anaesthetic skills
(GDC outcome C D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Local Anaesthesia course.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in Local Anaesthesia, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to update members of the dental team with current best practice in delivery of Local Anaesthesia.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- understand through demonstration and explanation how and when to apply different local anaesthetic techniques.
- be aware of the advantages and disadvantages of each technique.
- know when these techniques can be combined.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C D.