Occlusion just means the contacts between teeth. This simple definition belies the apparent complexity of the subject, which involves teeth, periodontal ligament, temporo-mandibular joint, muscles and bone all acting as a system in three dimensions.
This Dentaljuce Occlusion module provides an introduction to the apparently complicated subject of occlusion. We clear the confusion by presenting a foundation that makes the topic easy to understand.
We concentrate on the regular clinical aspects that affect everyday dentistry using a common sense approach.
Member Feedback on Occlusion
- Very good, detailed, liked videos.
- Really good! Occlusion is a tricky subject, but this makes everything straight forward.
- Excellent explanations and diagrams, making a difficult concept easier to understand. Very pleased with this module.
- Very helpful. Great revision!
- This Module simplifies 'occlusal' mayhem
The Occlusion online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my understanding of Occlusion and its application to my practice.
(GDC outcomes: C D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Occlusion course.||
|What development needs have I?||To improve my understanding of Occlusion and its application to my practice.
(GDC outcome C D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Occlusion course.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in the field of occlusion, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to introduce the concepts of occlusion as applied to restorative dentistry.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- learn the concepts that underpin modern occlusal theory.
- apply these concepts to the management/treatment of patients.
- through extensive and detailed step-by-step guides, learn techniques for simulating the orthognathic system on an adjustable articulator.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C D.