Professional development in Dentistry
GDC Publication: Preparing for practice: Dental team learning outcomes for registration.
It is a GDC requirement that, during training, the following professionalism outcomes are met:
Section 9: Development of self and others
Upon registration with the GDC the registrant will be able to demonstrate the outcomes as relevant to the practice of dentistry and patient care.
- 9.1 Recognise and demonstrate own professional responsibility in the development of self and the rest of the team
- 9.2 Utilise the provision and receipt of effective feedback in the professional development of self and others
- 9.3 Explain the range of methods of learning and teaching available and the importance of assessment, feedback, critical reflection, identification of learning needs and appraisal in personal development planning
This course is designed to meet these outcomes, and will be invaluable to those seeking to join, or rejoin, the UK Dental Register.
The Advancing Professional Development in Dentistry online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To meet the GDC requirements regarding Professional Development in Dentistry
(GDC outcomes: A B D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Advancing Professional Development in Dentistry course||
|What development needs have I?||To meet the GDC requirements regarding Professional Development in Dentistry
(GDC outcome A B D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Advancing Professional Development in Dentistry course|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to demonstrate they have undertaken training in Professional Development in Dentistry.
- To meet the requirements of the GDC publication "Preparing for practice": sections 9.1, 9.2, 9.3,
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- be able to recognise and demonstrate their own professional responsibility in the development of self and the rest of the team
- be able to utilise the provision and receipt of effective feedback in the professional development of self and others
- be able to explain the range of learning and teaching methods and the importance of assessment, feedback, critical reflection, identification of learning needs and appraisal in personal development planning
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): A B D.