Professional development in Dentistry
GDC Publication: Preparing for practice: Dental team learning outcomes for registration.
It is a GDC requirement that, for joining the UK Dental Register, the following professionalism outcomes are met:
Section 9: Development of self and others
Upon registration with the GDC the registrant will be able to demonstrate the outcomes as relevant to the practice of dentistry and patient care.
- 9.1 Recognise and demonstrate own professional responsibility in the development of self and the rest of the team
- 9.2 Utilise the provision and receipt of effective feedback in the professional development of self and others
- 9.3 Explain the range of methods of learning and teaching available and the importance of assessment, feedback, critical reflection, identification of learning needs and appraisal in personal development planning
This course is designed to meet these outcomes, and will be invaluable to those seeking to join, or rejoin, the UK Dental Register.
If you're not yet a member of Dentaljuce, we highly recommend you to join and gain access to our comprehensive course on Professional Development in Dentistry.
This course, along with over 100 other CPD courses, is available for a single membership payment.
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to demonstrate they have undertaken training in Professional Development in Dentistry.
- To meet the requirements of the GDC publication "Preparing for practice": sections 9.1, 9.2, 9.3.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will, with respect to the components that he or she has elected to study as listed below:
- be able to recognise and demonstrate their own professional responsibility in the development of self and the rest of the team.
- be able to utilise the provision and receipt of effective feedback in the professional development of self and others.
- be able to explain the range of learning and teaching methods and the importance of assessment, feedback, critical reflection, identification of learning needs and appraisal in personal development planning.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): A, B, D.