Keeping accurate patient records, while complying with GDPR, is an essential part of contemporary dental practice, and the whole dental team has a role to play.
They provide a means of defence in complaints, litigation and hearings, and are a regulatory requirement for
- GDC Standards for Dental Professionals
- NHS contractual obligation
- CQC requirement
This course takes you through all the details.
If you're not yet a member of Dentaljuce, we highly recommend you to join and gain access to our Dental Record Keeping course.
This course, along with over 100 other CPD courses, are available for a single membership payment.
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in the field of clinical record keeping, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to update the dental professional with the rules and regulations regarding patient records.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will, with respect to the components that he or she has elected to study as listed below:
- have knowledge of the legal aspects of record keeping, and the requirements of regulatory authorities.
- understand what constitutes a record.
- understand what is required for a "good" record, and what the features are of a bad one.
- understand entitlement to access patient records, and when they can be disposed.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): A, B, D.