Keeping accurate patient records, while complying with GDPR, is an essential part of contemporary dental practice, and the whole dental team has a role to play.
Records ensure the continuity of a patient’s care, enabling the dental team and a third party to see precisely what treatment has been provided and what further treatment is required.
They provide a means of defence in complaints, litigation and hearings, and are a regulatory requirement for
- GDC Standards for Dental Professionals
- NHS contractual obligation
- CQC requirement
This course takes you through all the details.
Member Feedback on Record Keeping
- Very easy to understand, practical information, accurate, precise and complete
- Concise, updated and relevant course
- Very well explained and easy to follow
- Very helpful, and accurate. Thank you.
- Very easy to read, very informative, It is great to go back and check it again and again.
The Record Keeping online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To update myself with the rules and regulations regarding patient records
(GDC outcomes: A B D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Record Keeping module.||
|What development needs have I?||To update myself with the rules and regulations regarding patient records
(GDC outcome A B D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Record Keeping module.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in the field of clinical record keeping, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to update the dental professional with the rules and regulations regarding patient records.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- have knowledge of the legal aspects of record keeping, and the requirements of regulatory authorities.
- understand what constitutes a record.
- understand what is required for a "good" record, and what the features are of a bad one.
- understand entitlement to access patient records, and when they can be disposed.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): A B D.