Safeguarding Children Level 2
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined by the UK government as:
- protecting children from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children's health or development
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
But dental professionals are additionally required by law to keep children safe.
If you're not yet a member of Dentaljuce, we highly recommend you to join and gain access to our comprehensive course on Safeguarding Children.
This course, along with over 100 other CPD courses, is available for a single membership payment.
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in safeguarding, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to update members of the dental team with current best practice in Safeguarding.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will, with respect to the components that he or she has elected to study as listed below:
- know how to recognise, respond to and how to share safeguarding concerns.
- understand and recognise the barriers regarding engagement and compliance by children, young people and their families.
- understand how to contribute to inter-agency assessment by gathering and sharing information.
- have a clear understanding of how families can access support.
- know how and when to consult with a safeguarding lead.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): A, B, D.