Safeguarding Children Level 2
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined by the UK government as:
- protecting children from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children's health or development
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Everyone who comes into contact with children and families has a role to play in safeguarding children and protecting them from harm. It is everyone’s responsibility.
But dental professionals are additionally required by law to keep children safe.
Member Feedback on Safeguarding Children Level 2
- This is the best safeguarding module i have taken - it's not the same tick box exercise, made me realise how out of date the other ones were - it's thought provoking - thanks - glad i did it here
- I had previously attended courses on Safeguarding however none have had the detail this course provided. Thank you
- Excellent module good practical value
- Hard to watch videos although very much needed and very informative.
- This module always brings tears to my eyes and makes me realise what a privileged upbringing and childhood I had
The Safeguarding Children Level 2 online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my knowledge of safeguarding children
(GDC outcomes: A B D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Safeguarding Children course.||
|What development needs have I?||To improve my knowledge of safeguarding children
(GDC outcome A B D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Safeguarding Children course.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in safeguarding, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to update members of the dental team with current best practice in Safeguarding.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- Know how to recognise, respond to and how to share safeguarding concerns.
- Understand and recognise the barriers regarding engagement and compliance by children, young people and their families
- Understand how to contribute to inter-agency assessment by gathering and sharing information
- Have a clear understanding of how families can access support
- Know how and when to consult with a safeguarding lead
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): A B D.