Conscious sedation : dental anxiety
This online course is for all members of the dental team. It covers the knowledge required to understand the role of conscious sedation in anxiety management, and can be used as a verifiable CPD refresher for teams already providing sedation, or for those who want to find out more about it.
The Conscious sedation and dental anxiety online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my knowledge and skills in conscious sedation and dental anxiety
(GDC outcomes: A B D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Conscious sedation and dental anxiety course||
|What development needs have I?||To improve my knowledge and skills in conscious sedation and dental anxiety
(GDC outcome A B D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Conscious sedation and dental anxiety course|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to meet the training requirements for dental professionals set by the Royal Colleges in conscious sedation and anxiety.
- To improve my knowledge and skills in conscious sedation and dental anxiety
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- know the history of, and recognise advances in pain control and anxiety.
- be able to describe and recognise the causes, signs and symptoms of dental anxiety and phobia.
- know and be able to apply their knowledge of anxiety management techniques.
- understand the distinction between conscious sedation and general anaesthesia.
- know and be able to apply communication techniques with people of all ages and abilities.
- understand the importance of a caring attitude, and a willingness to apply the most appropriate techniques.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): A B D.