Welcome to this Dentaljuce course on sepsis, one of the world’s biggest killers. World-wide, 20% of all deaths are due to sepsis.
Sepsis is a life-threatening condition caused by the body’s reaction to an infection.
Normally, a person’s immune system will attack and try to destroy the micro-organisms that cause an infection. It does this by releasing bioactive chemicals. Occasionally, when the micro-organisms have entered the blood stream, these chemicals are released in such huge amounts that they attack the person’s whole body as well as the original infection. This is known as sepsis.
If you're not yet a member of Dentaljuce, we highly recommend you to join and gain access to our comprehensive course on Sepsis.
This course, along with over 100 other CPD courses, is available for a single membership payment.
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and management skills in relation to sepsis, in line with their identified personal development requirements.
- to teach about sepsis and its management.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will, with respect to the components that he or she has elected to study as listed below:
- know what sepsis and septic shock are.
- understand the causal mechanisms for sepsis and septic shock.
- learn when and how to use the Sepsis Trust UK flow chart to assess sepsis risk.
- know what to do next when sepsis is suspected.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C.