The Appendicular Skeleton
Welcome to this Biological Sciences module. In this module, you will learn about the bones of, and the development of, the appendicular skeleton.
The Biological Sciences - The Appendicular Skeleton online learning module has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|Improve my knowledge of the biological sciences that underpin dental healthcare.||Take the Dentaljuce Biological Sciences - The Appendicular Skeleton module.||
|What development needs have I?||Improve my knowledge of the biological sciences that underpin dental healthcare.|
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Biological Sciences - The Appendicular Skeleton module.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes Click here
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to enhance their basic knowledge of the biological sciences.
• to teach the structure and development of the The Appendicular Skeleton.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
The learner will be able to:
- Describe the bones of the pectoral girdle, and describe how the girdle unites the upper limbs with the axial skeleton
- Describe the bones of the upper limb, including the bones of the arm, forearm, wrist, and hand
- Describe the bones of the pelvic girdle, and describe how the pelvis unites the lower limbs with the axial skeleton.
- Describe the bones of the lower limb, including the bones of the thigh, leg, ankle, and foot
- Describe the embryonic formation and growth of the limb bones
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC principles and the underlying standards:
• P7: Maintain, develop and work within your professional knowledge and skills
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcomes:
• DO C. (Clinical domain) Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice