Preventing Tooth Wear
Welcome to this Dentaljuce course on Tooth Wear, much of which references the "Delivering better oral health" toolkit provided by NHS England.
The course is focused on prevention of tooth wear: for restoration of worn teeth check out our courses on Direct Restorations, Indirect Restorations, and Clinical Cases, all included in the membership fee.
Member Feedback on Preventing tooth wear
- This was a really useful article.
- Enjoyed this module very much, an increasingly important subject.
- Thanks for a brilliant course, loved it!
- Very informative.
The Preventing tooth wear online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my knowledge and management skills for patients with tooth wear.
(GDC outcomes: C D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Tooth Wear module.||
|What development needs have I?||To improve my knowledge and management skills for patients with tooth wear.
(GDC outcome C D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Tooth Wear module.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in monitoring and preventing tooth wear, in line with their identified personal learning requirements and the requirements of the UK NHS's "Delivering better oral health" toolkit.
- to update members of the dental team with current best practice in monitoring and preventing tooth wear.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- Recognise the importance of erosion in multifactorial tooth wear.
- Know the aetiology of tooth wear.
- Know how to use the BEWE index in managing tooth wear.
- Know how to monitor, and the interventions require for, tooth wear.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C D.