Understanding and managing Trigeminal neuralgia is very important for dental professionals, as it is often mistaken for severe toothache.
Trigeminal Neuralgia is a chronic pain condition affecting the trigeminal nerve, which carries sensation from the face to the brain. Characterised by sudden, severe, and sharp facial pain, often described as electric-shock-like, it can occur in bouts lasting from a few seconds to several minutes.
The pain, typically felt on one side of the face, can be triggered by everyday activities such as eating, talking, or touching the face. The ability to correctly diagnose trigeminal neuralgia can help avoid unnecessary dental treatment and provide appropriate advice to patients.
Our course on 'Trigeminal neuralgia' covers the causes, diagnosis, and treatment options, providing comprehensive knowledge on this important topic.
If you're not yet a member of Dentaljuce, we highly recommend you to join and gain access to our comprehensive course on 'Trigeminal neuralgia'.
This course, along with over 100 other CPD courses, is available for a single membership payment.
Not only are our courses educational, they are also enjoyable and highly rated by dental professionals. Join us today and enhance your professional skills.
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to improve their knowledge, and diagnostic and management skills in trigeminal neuralgia.
- To improve the learner's knowledge and skills in the diagnosis and management of trigeminal neuralgia.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- Know the causes of trigeminal neuralgia
- Know how to diagnose trigeminal neuralgia
- Know and be able to advise on the non-surgical treatment options
- Know and be able to advise on the surgical treatment options
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): A C D.