Behaviour change for Oral Health
Are you a dental professional looking to improve your knowledge on how to change dental patients' behaviour? If so, this course is the perfect opportunity for you.
Changing behaviour in dental patients can be a challenging task, as it involves helping individuals to modify their habits and behaviours in order to improve their oral health. This may involve encouraging patients to brush and clean interdentally regularly, to limit their consumption of sugary foods and drinks, or to quit smoking.
Our course on the importance of, and techniques for changing behaviour is designed to provide dental professionals with a comprehensive understanding of this important topic. The course covers a range of topics, including the principles of behaviour change, the challenges and barriers to behaviour change in dental patients, and strategies for supporting and promoting behaviour change in dental practice.
This course, much of which references the "Delivering better oral health" toolkit, is a valuable opportunity for dental professionals who want to improve their knowledge and understanding of this important topic. By participating in this course, you will gain valuable knowledge and skills that you can immediately apply in your practice. Don't miss this opportunity – sign up today!
Member Feedback on Behaviour change for better oral health
- Really enjoyed this module, very interesting and educational.
- Very good directional presentation and case study videos
- Lots on new information ... very helpful
- The module was easy to understand and covered almost everything related to the topic. I enjoyed and learned a lot from this activity. I am sure that this will benefit me in my practice.
The Behaviour change for better oral health online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my knowledge and management skills in Behaviour Change for prevention of oral disease.
(GDC outcomes: C D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Behaviour Change module.||
|What development needs have I?||To improve my knowledge and management skills in Behaviour Change for prevention of oral disease.
(GDC outcome C D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Behaviour Change module.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge and competence in changing patient behaviour to improve their oral health, in line with their identified personal learning requirements and the requirements of the UK NHS's "Delivering better oral health" toolkit.
- to update members of the dental team with current best practice and techniques in changing patient behaviour.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- Understand the behaviours that support oral health.
- Understand the role of the dental team in changing behaviour.
- Learn about the COM-B model for changing behaviour.
- Know how to deal with resistance to behaviour change.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C D.