CPR, BLS & Cardiac Emergencies
This module is all about cardio-pulmonary resuscitation - CPR and AEDs, and basic life support (BLS). It's based on the guidelines issued by the UK Resuscitation Council and the UK National Health Service.
In addition to CPR and BLS, we also cover some of the common heart problems that can lead to cardiac arrest, and provide plenty of practical management advice.
The module covers cardiac emergencies in greater depth than our Medical Emergencies module, so if you are after greater understanding, this is for you.
Member Feedback on CPR, BLS & Cardiac Emergencies
- This is a great module and has a variety of learning methods which keep it fresh and easy to follow.
- I loved this module. It was very clear and concise and informative.
- Excellent module which was easy to follow.
- I enjoyed the videos in this module, I found them very informative and easy to learn from.
- Very useful info esp regarding Covid-19 which is very topical.
The CPR, BLS & Cardiac Emergencies online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my knowledge and skills for handling of cardiac emergencies.
(GDC outcomes: A B C D)
|Take the Dentaljuce CPR, BLS and Cardiac Emergencies module.||
|What development needs have I?||To improve my knowledge and skills for handling of cardiac emergencies.
(GDC outcome A B C D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce CPR, BLS and Cardiac Emergencies module.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in medical emergencies, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to help the learner recognise and manage the variety of cardiac emergencies that may arise both within and outside the Practice.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- know of and understand the various cardiac emergencies that might arise in and out of dental practice.
- recognise the signs and symptoms of different types of cardiac emergencies.
- know about and be able to undertake their management, with Basic Life Support skills if necessary.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): A B C D.