Data security and information governance in dentistry
Enhance data security in your dental practice with this comprehensive course.
Master UK data protection laws, GDPR compliance, risk mitigation, and incident management. Safeguard patient confidentiality and trust.
The Data security in dentistry online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my knowledge and experetise in data security
(GDC outcomes: A B D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Data security in dentistry course||
|What development needs have I?||To improve my knowledge and experetise in data security
(GDC outcome A B D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Data security in dentistry course|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of this course is to provide dental professionals and dental practices in the UK with the knowledge and tools necessary to effectively implement and maintain robust data security measures, ensuring compliance with UK data protection laws and safeguarding patient confidentiality.
- To deliver comprehensive and up-to-date information on UK data protection laws, GDPR compliance, and data security best practices tailored for dental practices.
- To empower dental professionals with the skills and knowledge required to develop, implement, and maintain a secure and compliant data security infrastructure within their practice.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- gain a thorough understanding of UK data protection laws, GDPR, and the obligations of dental practices in managing sensitive patient data.
- acquire the skills to assess and mitigate risks associated with data security, including implementing digital and physical security measures and using the DSP.
- learn how to develop and implement a dental practice data security policy that adheres to regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- gain insights into responding to data breaches and incident management, as well as maintaining patient trust and managing reputation during security incidents.
- become equipped to regularly update and adapt data security measures in response to the evolving threat landscape and regulatory changes, ensuring ongoing compliance and protection of patient data.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): A B D.