In this module, you will learn about the uses of clinical photography, and how to take high quality pictures like we use in Dentaljuce. You will also learn how to become a great general photographer
Clinicians worldwide are making increased use of clinical photography to enhance patient care, increase job satisfaction and to grow practices by demonstrating their skills and expertise.
In contemporary clinical practice there is a mandatory need for precise, accurate, contemporaneous documentation of patient assessments, diagnoses, clinical decisions and patient management based on those decisions. Clinical photos are an essential part of that documentation.
Member Feedback on Dental photography
- Exceptionally well-designed module, with plenty of useful information even for a dentist already experienced in dental photography.
- Really helpful course!!
- Very informative. I have now acquired a lot of knowledge regarding dental photography. Thanks.
- Excellent course, with a good balance between videos and written content and between theory and practice. Relevant, easily-followed and enjoyable.
- Really good module, comprehensive, and I feel I have learned a life skill and not just done dental CPD!
The Dental photography online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my Dental Photography skills
(GDC outcomes: C)
|Take the Dentaljuce Dental Photography course.||
|What development needs have I?||To improve my Dental Photography skills
(GDC outcome C)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Dental Photography course.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in Dental Photography, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to advise what camera equipment and settings are needed, and give learners experience with dental photography through sets of exercises.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- be able to set up a clinical camera to achieve consistent high quality results.
- become skilled in dental photography.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C.