Dental Radiography IRMER refresher
This short course provides a refresher for professionals who have previously undertaken relevant CPD in radiography and radiological protection. Dental staff in the UK are required by law to be "IRMER Trained", and update themselves regularly.
This law applies to everyone involved in taking and/or processing radiographs, not just GDC registrants.
Member Feedback on Dental Radiography.
- I liked the simple straightforward presentation, not too much technical detail and it was concise on what was needed for safe practice.
- Very useful information thanks.
- Very well done and thank you for creators of a short well designed concise course giving much new updated information and straight to the point. Delightful.
- Made a subject that is usually perceived to be a little boring, interesting and to the point and relevant information only.
- Module is very helpful and easy to follow.
The Dental Radiography. online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To update my knowledge and skills in radiation protection.
(GDC outcomes: C D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Radiography IRMER refresher course||
|What development needs have I?||To update my knowledge and skills in radiation protection.
(GDC outcome C D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Radiography IRMER refresher course|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this course is to allow learners to develop and refresh their professional knowledge and understanding of Radiation Protection, in line with IRMER regulations and their identified personal development requirements.
- to teach the knowledge required to implement and comply with the theoretical knowledge requirements of the IRR and IR(ME)R laws and current professional recommendations.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- have an understanding of the physics and biology, and the dangers of radiation at any dose.
- have an understanding of the principles and methods of Justification, Optimisation and Limitation.
- have an understanding of the role of Quality Assurance in implementing these principles.
- know the roles and responsibilities for staff involved in radiography.
- learn how the law protects staff, patients, and the public.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C D.