Diagnoses of dental conditions are always a challenge – this may be because we tend to have preconceived or fixed ideas: we see so much of the “common” conditions that we might miss the rare causes.
This Dentaljuce module concentrates on the diagnosis of dental pain, caries, and cracked tooth sysndrome (CTS).
Member Feedback on Diagnosis
- Really informative, as a dental nurse I have learned the reasoning behind the clinical decisions made by the dentist
- Greatest explanation ever
- Useful refresher and good explanations, easy to understand and good for explaining to patients.
- Amazing pictures of sectioned teeth shown. Very convincing.
- This module is really helpful for learning new diagnostic methodologies.
The Diagnosis online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To refresh and improve my knowledge and skills in dental diagnosis.
(GDC outcomes: C D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Diagnosis module.||
|What development needs have I?||To refresh and improve my knowledge and skills in dental diagnosis.
(GDC outcome C D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Diagnosis module.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in dental diagnosis, in line with their identified personal development requirements.
- to provide a description and explanation of the process of clinical dental diagnosis.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- learn the causes of dental pain.
- understand and be able to apply the various levels of diagnosis (provisional, working, definitive).
- be able to link the diagnosis of a condition to its aetiology when planning appropriate clinical management/treatment.
- learn how to reliably diagnose caries, and caries risk.
- learn the aetiology of caries and relate it to methods of prevention.
- learn how to diagnose and prevent CTS.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C D.