Sustainability in general dental practice
Welcome to this Dentaljuce course on Green Dentistry. We look at the challenges that face dental teams in providing sustainable health care, and provide advice and encouragement for making the most of the available opportunities.
Member Feedback on Green dentistry
- This module encourages me to think innovatively to reduce the amount of waste generated especially when it comes to single use plastics.
- this course confirmed my impression that our practice has become a lot less green since it was taken over by a corporate
- Really important topic, we need to push suppliers and manufacturers
- Thought-provoking course, thanks
The Green dentistry online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my knowledge and understanding of Sustainable Dentistry.
(GDC outcomes: B)
|Take the Dentaljuce Green Dentistry course.||
|What development needs have I?||To improve my knowledge and understanding of Sustainable Dentistry.
(GDC outcome B)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Green Dentistry course.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge and understanding of Sustainable ("green") dentistry, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to teach members of the dental team the principles and practice of sustainable dentistry.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- Understand the impact of unsustainable healthcare on the planet.
- Know the proportions of how much different activities in dentistry contribute to environmental problems.
- Learn what the dental team can do at work to mitigate climate change and reduce pollution.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): B.