Lichen planus is a chronic inflammatory and immune-mediated disease that affects the skin, nails, hair, and mucous membranes.
Oral lichen planus is relatively common, It is one of the most common mucosal diseases. There is no cure. The prevalence in the general population is about 1.5%, and it occurs more commonly in middle aged people. Oral lichen planus in children is rare.
The Oral Lichen Planus online learning module has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my knowledge and management skills for patients with Lichen Planus.||Take the Dentaljuce Lichen Planus module.||• Know the different presentations, and prognosis, of lichen planus.
• Understand how to best manage the disease.
• Know about lichenoid reactions, and diseases which may mimin lichen planus.
|What development needs have I?||To improve my knowledge and management skills for patients with Lichen Planus.|
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Lichen Planus module.|
|Target completion date|
• Know the different presentations, and prognosis, of lichen planus.
Module Aims and Outcomes Click here
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in managing Lichen Planus, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
• to update members of the dental team with current best practice in managing Oral Lichen Planus.
Anticipated learning outcomes
The learner will:
• know the different presentations, and prognosis, of lichen planus.
• understand how to best manage the disease.
• know about lichenoid reactions, and diseases which may mimic lichen planus.
• through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcomes:
• DO C. (Clinical domain) Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice
• DO D. (Professionalism domain) Maintenance of skills, behaviours and attitudes which maintain patient confidence in you and the dental profession and put patients' interests first.