It is estimated that 80% of doctors’ appointments are stress related from minor headaches and digestive problems to, in the case of prolonged and excessive stress, cardiovascular problems and cancer. Dentists will be very familiar with the destructive effects of parafunction which in many cases may be stress realted.
The good news is that we can all succeed in living happier, healthier and more successful lives, whatever our current state, if we develop our resilience by learning strategies to handle the challenges and demands of life more effectively. This module shows some ways to do this.
Member Feedback on Managing Stress
- Lovely exercises to do to relax! Thanks
- Very insightful
- Loved it
- Amazing eye excercise
The Managing Stress online learning module has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my stress handling skills||Take the Dentaljuce Stress Management module.||• Be able to recognise, and deal appropriately, with stress in myself and others.|
|What development needs have I?||To improve my stress handling skills|
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Stress Management module.|
|Target completion date|
|Outcomes||• Be able to recognise, and deal appropriately, with stress in myself and others.|
Module Aims and Outcomes Click here
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to improve their handling and management of stress in themselves and others in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
• to teach how to manage stress.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
The learner will attain:
• be able to recognise, and deal appropriately, with stress in themselves and others.
• through achieving these outcomes provide an improved level of service to their patients.
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC principle and the underlying standards:
• Principle 6: Work with colleagues in a way that is in patients' best interests
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcomes:
• DO A. (Communication domain). Effective communication with patients, the dental team, and others across dentistry.
• DO B. (Management domain). Effective management of self and others or effective work with others in the dental team, in the interests of patients at all times. Constructive leadership.
• DO D. (Professionalism domain) Maintenance of skills, behaviours and attitudes which maintain patient confidence in you and the dental profession and put patients' interests first.
This content is only available to members
How much does dentaljuce membership cost?
12 months subscription to the whole site costs just £79.00 GBP
International payment in your own currency with PayPal
200+ hours of verifiable CPD / CE. No extra payments.