The Dentaljuce Oral Biology module will refresh you on the basics of oral biology - development of the oral cavity and the structure of its tissues, and in the Practical Tooth Anatomy section we will take you through the surface anatomy of teeth in the detail necessary to provide superb aesthetic and cosmetically pleasing restorations.
Member Feedback on Oral Biology
- Very helpful, detailed and useful description of tooth anatomy and its supporting structures.
- This module provides a very sound foundation in Oral biology as well as structural tooth anatomy
- The CPD is very informative and worth the time spent on it.
- Excellent and benefical
The Oral Biology online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To refresh and improve my knowledge and skills in Oral Biology and Tooth Anatomy.
(GDC outcomes: C D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Oral Biology course.||
|What development needs have I?||To refresh and improve my knowledge and skills in Oral Biology and Tooth Anatomy.
(GDC outcome C D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Oral Biology course.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge and understanding in the field of oral biology, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to refresh and update the dental professional's knowledge of oral biology so that their patient management reflects the biological basis of health and disease.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- learn how teeth and their supporting tissues develop, at both the macro and the histological level.
- gain excellent knowledge of the anatomy of teeth
- apply these concepts to the prevention of oral diseases, and the restorative management and treatment of patients with these diseases.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C D.