It is not pleasant when a patient makes a complaint about the treatment that they have received from you.
Unfortunately it is inevitable that you will receive complaints about you, and your colleagues, during your practicing career.
The Dentaljuce Complaints Management module takes you through the whole process.
Member Feedback on Complaints Management
- Fundamental topic, very well presented and explained
- I've learnt a lot, very interesting
- Excellent learning resource with easy to follow content
- There is so much to keep up with and so many bodies getting involved.
- This CPD is very informative and extremely useful in day to day dealing with patients complaints and to understand the role of GDC hearing
The Complaints Management online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my knowledge and skills in complaints handling
(GDC outcomes: A B D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Complaints Management course.||
|What development needs have I?||To improve my knowledge and skills in complaints handling
(GDC outcome A B D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Complaints Management course.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in the area of complaints handling and stress management, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to highlight the importance of patients complaints and demonstrate the tools that are needed to deal with them effectively.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- understand the background on how patient complaints can easily escalate
- apply the tools and resources given in this module to prevent complaints arising.
- know the processes needed when complaints do escalate
- be able to deal with complaints effectively and correctly when they arise.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): A B D.