Knowledge, understanding and advanced practical skill in posterior composite restorations is an essential requirement for all contemporary clinicians.
The restoration of damaged posterior teeth using direct composite materials is an integral component of contemporary dental practice.
Resin-based materials are now routinely used to solve a wide range of restorative problems from the minimally invasive management of early carious lesions to the total restoration of severely worn dentitions.
This course provides an evidence-based update designed to help clinical teams equip practices with suitable materials and equipment, and to optimise all clinical and practical stages of posterior composite procedures.
Member Feedback on Posterior Composites
- This module was extremely relevant and applicable to everyday general practice (having been a general practitioner for many years)
- Really useful. Practical advice with clinical rationale to support guidance
- Great updated course in composite restoration.
- I enjoyed this module very much.
The Posterior Composites online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|Improve my skills with, and understanding of Posterior Composites.
(GDC outcomes: C D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Posterior Composites course.||
|What development needs have I?||Improve my skills with, and understanding of Posterior Composites.
(GDC outcome C D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Posterior Composites course.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in direct restorative dentistry using composite resin, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to demonstrate the indications for and against, and use of, direct composite for posterior restorations.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- learn the indications for and against operatively treating carious and non-carious lesions with direct composite.
- appreciate and apply the minimal intervention philosophy regarding the management of posterior dental disease with direct composite resin.
- learn the specific operative techniques required for the management of posterior dental disease with direct composite resin.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C D.