Knowledge, understanding and advanced practical skill in posterior composite restorations is an essential requirement for all contemporary clinicians.
The restoration of damaged posterior teeth using direct composite materials is an integral component of contemporary dental practice.
This course provides an in-depth evidence-based update designed to help clinical teams equip practices with suitable materials and equipment, and to optimise all clinical and practical stages of posterior composite procedures.
If you're not yet a member of Dentaljuce, we highly recommend you to join and gain access to our comprehensive course on Posterior Composites.
This course, along with over 100 other CPD courses, is available for a single membership payment.
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in direct restorative dentistry using composite resin, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to demonstrate the indications for and against, and use of, direct composite for posterior restorations.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will, with respect to the components that he or she has elected to study as listed below:
- learn the indications for and against operatively treating carious and non-carious lesions with direct composite.
- appreciate and apply the minimal intervention philosophy regarding the management of posterior dental disease with direct composite resin.
- learn the specific operative techniques required for the management of posterior dental disease with direct composite resin.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C and D.