Practice Health and Safety
This module covers Health and Safety, with all the UK legal requirements. It also goes over specific risks like manual handling, contact dermatitis, pressure equipment, slips trips and falls, and more. Perfect for CQC visit preparation.
Member Feedback on Practice Health and Safety
- Extremely useful information for any dental practice-owner.
- Again excellent and informative at a level that engages clinicians.
- Informative module with great tools and videos to really aid learning.
- I do love the website - as a nurse some of the modules go into a lot of depth but it's great reading them and gaining a more in depth knowledge.
- This is an interesting platform to learn with videos than reading texts. I loved to study this way.
The Practice Health and Safety online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To become familiar with the UK Health and Safety Executive's requirements
(GDC outcomes: B D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Practice Health and Safety course.||
|What development needs have I?||To become familiar with the UK Health and Safety Executive's requirements
(GDC outcome B D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Practice Health and Safety course.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding in regards to Health and Safety, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to help the learner become familiar with the UK Health and Safety Executive's requirements.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- gain knowledge and awareness of the requirements of the HSE
- understand how to manage individual H&S risks.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): B D.