Professional Standards and the GDC
The GDC says:
The standards set out what you must do. If you do not meet these standards, you may be removed from our register and not be able to work as a dental professional.
This course guides you through the perils and pitfalls.
Member Feedback on Standards for Dental Professionals, and
- This was an excellent module. Concise and very relevant. It beautifully outlined and summarised the conduct that is required of a dental professional in their public and private life
- Scenarios really drive it home
- Real life situations questions made this module enjoyable to work through and at the same time linked the GDC standards to everyday situations. Thank you.
- Very interesting topic, rarely found in dental books
- I thought it would have been very dry but it was interesting, and the examples chosen thought provoking. Even my husband who normally spends the evening asleep, after a day at the drill face discussed some answers!
The Standards for Dental Professionals, and online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To become familiar with the UK GDCs guidance on Standards
(GDC outcomes: A B D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Standards For Dental Professionals module.||
|What development needs have I?||To become familiar with the UK GDCs guidance on Standards
(GDC outcome A B D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Standards For Dental Professionals module.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding in regards to Professional Standards, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to present an overview of the requirements of the GDC's Standards Guidance document.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- gain knowledge and awareness of the document ‘UK GDC Standards for Dental Professionals’
- understand how its guidelines should influence all areas of his or her professional life.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): A B D.