Dentaljuce and Prosthodontics - this should go together well. Here are the topics:
This module will cover complete dentures and include videos, pictures, text and references to assist you in making those most difficult of prosthetic replacements.
This module will cover partial dentures and will provide an introduction to those difficult choices on what design to use for your patient.
This module shows how to handle alginate correctly for the perfect impression.
A summary / reference for the many materials and types of impressions used in prosthetic dentistry.
Covering many aspects of both complete and partial dentures
To get you started, this animation shows the amount of hard tissue loss that needs to be replaced in the edentulous mouth, and some of the anatomical factors that will try to spoil your complete lower denture.
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in the field of removable prosthodontics, in line with their identified personal development requirements.
- to provide an overview of the complexities of managing patients requiring partial or complete dentures.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will, with respect to the components that he or she has elected to study as listed below:
- understand and be able to apply the principles and techniques needed for the diagnosis, planning and treatment involved in removable prosthesis construction, including implant retention.
- understand the applications of the dental surveyor.
- understand and be able to apply the principles of impression material selection and taking.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD course meets the criteria for the GDC's development outcomes A, B, C, D.