Early detection of oral cancer greatly increases the survival rates. This Dentaljuce module takes you through examining the patient, prevention, and the duties of the practice staff in recognising and reducing the prevalence of this disease.
Member Feedback on Oral Cancer
- This was a very enjoyable interesting module. I am refreshing my knowledge as a nurse and this provided new information too. Thank you.
- Very well explained, pictures helpful.
- Learnt a lot, thank you - engaging and informative
- Very informative and good instruction what to implement in practice
- I found this whole section on Oral Cancers very helpful and easily understood.
The Oral Cancer online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|Improve my recognition and management of Oral Cancer.
(GDC outcomes: A B C D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Oral Cancer course.||
|What development needs have I?||Improve my recognition and management of Oral Cancer.
(GDC outcome A B C D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Oral Cancer course.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and management skills in oral cancer, in line with their identified personal development requirements.
- to teach how to prevent and recognise oral cancer.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- be able to assess the oral cancer risk of a patient.
- be able to reduce the oral cancer risk.
- be able to examine a patient for oral cancer
- know when to refer suspected lesions.
- understand the Practice duty of care with respect to oral cancer.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): A B C D.