Radiograph audit app
This X-ray audit app is free - no log in required.
UK dental practices must audit their radiographs every 6 months.
If digital, at least 95% of your radiographs should be "diagnostically acceptable". more…
Use this app to enter a sample of your radiographs. It will automatically create a set of quality reports that you can use to:
- Meet your IRMER requirements
- improve your radiograph quality
- improve your radiographic record keeping
- discuss quality trends in practice meetings
- share with external agencies like the CQC and GDC.
The Radiograph audit app online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To audit my radiographs
(GDC outcomes: A B D)
|Use the Dentaljuce radiograph audit app||
|What development needs have I?||To audit my radiographs
(GDC outcome A B D)
|How will I address them?||Use the Dentaljuce radiograph audit app|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to audit their radiographs in line with IRMER and CGDent recommendations.
- To understand the role of audit in clinical governance
- To produce a personal radiographic audit report
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- Understand the necessity of radiographic audit
- Enter data about their radiographs into a database
- Analyse the data to ensure their radiographs and radiographic records are of an acceptable standard
- Analyse any faults in preparation, positioning, motion, exposure and processing
- Analyse any deficiencies in recording consent, justification, and clinical evaluation
- Understand the importance of clinical audit in promoting professionalism
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): A B D.