Decontamination Disinfection and Sterilisation Update
Patients deserve to be treated in a safe and clean environment with consistent standards of care every time they receive treatment.
This refresher course covers Decontamination, Disinfection and Sterilisation in the dental practice, and assumes previous training in general cross-infection control.
For a full course on dental cross-infection control, check out this Dentaljuce course.
This course is a GDC Highly Recommended CPD Topic (Disinfection and decontamination) and is relevant to the whole dental team, particularly those involved in instrument processing.
Member Feedback on Decontamination Disinfection and Sterilisation Update
- This module is concise and contains all the necessary information for good practices in infection control.
- Excellent explanations
- Very interesting and a good update of knowledge
- This was a very useful and much needed refresher on the topic. The layout was easy to read and the content was all relevant, and of good quality.
- This module was very helpful I was able to follow it, it was easy to understand, conveyed knowledge,
The Decontamination Disinfection and Sterilisation Update online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To update and improve my knowledge and skills in Decontamination, Disinfection and Sterilisation.
(GDC outcomes: B C D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Decontamination, Disinfection and Sterilisation Update course.||
|What development needs have I?||To update and improve my knowledge and skills in Decontamination, Disinfection and Sterilisation.
(GDC outcome B C D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Decontamination, Disinfection and Sterilisation Update course.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this course is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in decontamination, disinfection and sterilisation as part of practice infection control, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to update members of the dental team with current best practice in decontamination, disinfection and sterilisation.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- understand the differences between decontamination, disinfection and sterilisation.
- understand their importance in keeping people safe.
- understand how their principles are applied in the dental surgery and decon room environments.
- know what techniques and equipment are required, and how and when to use them.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): B C D.