Medical Emergencies, CPR, BLS
Dentaljuce’s module on Medical Emergencies in Dentistry, including CPR and BLS, is written in straightforward language for the whole dental team, and covers all the essentials.
With the increasing number of people who are taking medications, and the success of medical treatments in reducing the symptoms of serious illnesses, the chances of a medical emergency arising in the dental practice are now greater than ever.
Member Feedback on Medical Emergencies, CPR, BLS
- Very informative, precise and helpful
- Very good! Just the right amount of detail i think
- Excellent module - was very informative. Learnt a lot. Videos were very useful.
- Brilliant, learnt what I needed to
- Fantastic module
The Medical Emergencies, CPR, BLS online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my knowledge and skills for handling of medical emergencies, including CPR and BLS
(GDC outcomes: A B C D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Medical Emergencies, CPR & BLS course.||
|What development needs have I?||To improve my knowledge and skills for handling of medical emergencies, including CPR and BLS
(GDC outcome A B C D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Medical Emergencies, CPR & BLS course.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in medical emergencies, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to help the learner recognise and manage the variety of medical emergencies that may arise both within and outside the Practice, including cardiac arrest and the principles of CPR.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- know of and understand the various medical emergencies that might arise in and out of dental practice.
- recognise the signs and symptoms of different types of medical emergencies.
- know about and be able to undertake their management.
- know how the risks of a medical emergency occurring can be reduced for individual patients.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): A B C D.