This area of the site contains real clinical cases. You can examine the mouth, decide what is happening, and what treatments are needed.
The case studies will test your clinical knowledge and help you apply it.
Member Feedback on Clinical Cases
- really useful resource, good clinical pictures and able to flick between study casts and design is good
- Very good and relevant
- Must be good as I'm supposed to be doing my perio stuff and this has completely distracted me!
- Excellent. I really enjoyed all the cases.
- Very nice.....not five, I will give six stars!
The Clinical Cases online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|Improve my treatment planning skills
(GDC outcomes: C D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Clinical Cases course||
|What development needs have I?||Improve my treatment planning skills
(GDC outcome C D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Clinical Cases course|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in dental patient management, in line with their identified personal learning requirements.
- to give learners experience with clinical decision making when treatment planning, by using virtual patients to demonstrate real clinical decisions.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- understand the importance of aetiology when planning treatment.
- appreciate the rationale for a minimally interventive approach to restorative treatment planning.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C D.