Welcome to this Dentaljuce course on Oral Hygiene.
Our course on Oral Hygiene, incorporating insights from the 'Delivering better oral health' toolkit by NHS England, offers a comprehensive exploration of oral hygiene principles essential for dental professionals. Covering a broad spectrum of topics, it looks into the findings of UK Dental Health Surveys and discusses common dental issues such as caries, periodontal diseases, and tooth wear.
The course also examines the effectiveness and suitability of powered versus manual toothbrushes, interdental cleaning techniques, and the emerging topic of sustainable toothbrushes.
This course is designed to enhance the practical skills and knowledge of dental professionals, ensuring their ability to deliver top-tier oral hygiene advice and care.
If you're not yet a member of Dentaljuce, we highly recommend you to join and gain access to our comprehensive course on Oral Hygiene.
This course, along with over 100 other CPD courses, is available for a single membership payment.
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge and competence in delivering Oral Hygiene Instruction to improve their patients’ health, in line with their identified personal learning requirements and the requirements of the UK NHS's "Delivering better oral health" toolkit.
- to update members of the dental team with current best practice and techniques in Oral Hygiene.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will, with respect to the components that he or she has elected to study as listed below:
- Understand the principles of OHI for preventing and managing common oral diseases.
- Know the different techniques available for oral hygiene, and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Know what advice to give different patient age groups.
- Know what advice to give different patient ability groups.
- Know what advice to give according to individual risks of dental diseases.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C, D.