Welcome to this Dentaljuce course on Oral Hygiene, much of which references the "Delivering better oral health" toolkit provided by NHS England.
The course focuses on what advice to give to different patient groups, and how to tailor the advice for each individual person’s requirements.
Member Feedback on Oral Hygiene
- Very good course,
- Excellent structure and informative.
- It was a very well presented subject with all the supporting explanations,
- Throroghly enjoyed going through it.
The Oral Hygiene online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|To improve my knowledge and management skills in Oral Hygiene Instruction for prevention of oral disease.
(GDC outcomes: C D)
|Take the Dentaljuce Oral Hygiene course.||
|What development needs have I?||To improve my knowledge and management skills in Oral Hygiene Instruction for prevention of oral disease.
(GDC outcome C D)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Oral Hygiene course.|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to develop their professional knowledge and competence in delivering Oral Hygiene Instruction to improve their patients’ health, in line with their identified personal learning requirements and the requirements of the UK NHS's "Delivering better oral health" toolkit.
- to update members of the dental team with current best practice and techniques in Oral Hygiene.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- Understand the principles of OHI for preventing and managing common oral diseases.
- Know the different techniques available for oral hygiene, and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Know what advice to give different patient age groups.
- Know what advice to give different patient ability groups
- Know what advice to give according to individual risks of dental diseases.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C D.