Anticoagulants and dentistry
Are you a dental professional looking to improve your knowledge and understanding of anticoagulants and their potential impact on dental treatment? If so, this course is the perfect opportunity for you.
Anticoagulants and antiplatelets are medications that are used to prevent the formation of thrombi (blood clots). Such thrombi can cause debilitating or fatal strokes, or embolisms. These medications can be prescribed for a variety of reasons, including to prevent heart attack or stroke, to treat blood clots, or to reduce the risk of clotting in individuals with certain medical conditions.
Our course on the importance of anticoagulants to dental treatment is designed to provide dental professionals with a comprehensive understanding of this important topic. The course covers a range of topics, including the types and uses of anticoagulants, the potential effects of these medications on dental treatment, and strategies for managing and treating patients who are taking anticoagulants.
By participating in this course, you will gain valuable knowledge and skills that you can apply in your practice. Don't miss this opportunity – sign up today for immediate access!
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to correctly manage the dental care and treatment of patients taking anticoagulant and antiplatelet drugs.
- to teach the correct management of patients taking anti-clotting medications.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- Understand the indications for, and the mechanisms of action of anti-clotting agents.
- Know how to risk assess different dental procedures being considered for patients on anticoagulants and antiplatelets.
- Know when and when not to alter the dose/frequency of these drugs, and when to seek advice or refer to secondary care.
- Know when to use additional haemorrhage control measures, and what they are.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C.