Anticoagulants and dentistry
Are you a dental professional looking to improve your knowledge and understanding of anticoagulants and their potential impact on dental treatment? If so, this course is the perfect opportunity for you.
Anticoagulants and antiplatelets are medications that are used to prevent the formation of thrombi (blood clots). Such thrombi can cause debilitating or fatal strokes, or embolisms. These medications can be prescribed for a variety of reasons, including to prevent heart attack or stroke, to treat blood clots, or to reduce the risk of clotting in individuals with certain medical conditions.
Our course on the importance of anticoagulants to dental treatment is designed to provide dental professionals with a comprehensive understanding of this important topic. The course covers a range of topics, including the types and uses of anticoagulants, the potential effects of these medications on dental treatment, and strategies for managing and treating patients who are taking anticoagulants.
By participating in this course, you will gain valuable knowledge and skills that you can apply in your practice. Don't miss this opportunity – sign up today for immediate access!
Member Feedback on Anticoagulants and dentistry
- Very informative and detailed. Highly recommended!!!
- Really liked that this module had videos to explain things better
- I enjoyed the interactive nature of this course, with the quizzes throughout and also the videos which break up the text.
- The topic was very well covered and easy to understand. Enjoyed this topic very much.
The Anticoagulants and dentistry online learning course has clear and concise aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes, listed below. These will appear on the Dentaljuce Enhanced CPD Certificate, along with the time spent, dates, and detailed topics you studied within the module. Certificates can be printed at any time, covering any range of dates. Dentaljuce CPD complies with the UK GDC's requirements for enhanced verifiable continuing professional development.
Before starting this module, check that the learning outcomes are what you require, and that you have entered the need into your PDP. Here is an example PDP entry for this module.
|What development needs have I?||How will I address them?||Target completion date||Outcomes||Date
|Improve my knowledge of anticoagulants and antiplatelets in dentistry
(GDC outcomes: C)
|Take the Dentaljuce Anticoagulants and Dentistry module||
|What development needs have I?||Improve my knowledge of anticoagulants and antiplatelets in dentistry
(GDC outcome C)
|How will I address them?||Take the Dentaljuce Anticoagulants and Dentistry module|
|Target completion date|
Module Aims and Outcomes
The aim of the learning and teaching materials in this Dentaljuce module is to allow learners to correctly manage the dental care and treatment of patients taking anticoagulant and antiplatelet drugs.
- to teach the correct management of patients taking anti-clotting medications.
Anticipated learning outcomes:The learner will:
- Understand the indications for, and the mechanisms of action of anti-clotting agents.
- Know how to risk assess different dental procedures being considered for patients on anticoagulants and antiplatelets.
- Know when and when not to alter the dose/frequency of these drugs, and when to seek advice or refer to secondary care.
- Know when to use additional haemorrhage control measures, and what they are.
- through achieving these outcomes, provide an improved level of service to their patients.
GDC Development Outcomes
This CPD will support the learner in meeting the following GDC Development Outcome(s): C.